Description
           The British resident Colonel Munro had his bungalow in the place where the present chapel has ben built. In 1818 he offered the bungalow to Mr. Mead for his stay. Mr. Mead started the Mission Seminary which became the first education insititution in Travancore. Mr. Mead wrote the following about the seminary to his church in England. "This will rise, we hope,in time to a mission college for south India". In February 1893, the seminary was raised to a second grade college and named as"Nagercoil Christian College" with 13 students(7 Christians and 6 Non-Christians). with the donation given by Septimus Scott, a new two storey building was built (opposite to the mMin Gate) in 1889. Later the college was named after him. The main block was built in 1940. In 1970, Scott Christian College was shifted to the new campus in the Kottar-Parvathipuram Road. This College recognized as a monument of the untiring , selfless and devoted service of the pioneer Christian missionaries.


           On 13th June,1973,Women's Christian College was started in this campus by the Kanyakumari Diocese of the Church of South India. Dr.Joy Gnanadhason,Wife of Moderator I.R.H. Gnanadhason,was the founder Principal.To say about buildings, each building has a story behind it which reminds us about the many great men like Rev. Charles Mead, Dr. James Duthie, Rev.G. Parker, Mr. G.H. marsden, Mr.A. Nesamony and many Others.


           This lush green campus which carries the sacred memories of the missionary work is situated in the center of the town.It was from this campus that the early Christian missionaries spread enlightenment to the areas around.Within a short span of forty years,this College has created a niche for itself by providing quality learning for the hoslistic development of the students.Its motto "Enlightened We Serve" is more appropriate to the mission it fulfills in the field of education. It offers 12 UG ,7 PG, 4 M.Phil courses and 5 Ph.D.programmes.It has a student enrolment of more than two thousand and three hundred girls.


-->